Tuesday, September 7, 2010

LA Girl Rock Star - Party Animal

I really loved NYX Jungle and it was holding up well, but I had a meeting today with my Retail Administration Manager and so I didn't think it was in my best interest to go in with green nails.  It's not exactly forbidden at my job, but I do work at a bank and I'm sure they would prefer that I wear more traditional colors.

I tried 3 different sheers but I honestly can't stand the way they look on me.  I'll try to get over it long enough to take photos for this blog, but UGH - pinks and peaches look horrid on me!  I finally gave up on trying to be entirely work appropriate and went with LA Girl Rock Star in Party Animal - it's like  meeting them halfway, right?




I really wasn't sure I was going to like or actually wear this when I picked it up, but once it was on the nail, I was in love!  It's a beautiful vampy red, more like a wine/burgandy color.  In the bottle there is a lot of gold glitter, but on the nail it sinks down under the jelly-ish base.  I think this is actually a good thing - it makes the polish much more work-appropriate.  It looks just like a creme at a glance, but some subtle sparkle shows up under artificial light.  Because the glitter sinks down in the base, it takes on the base color, so it's almost like it's lit from within - gorgeous!  Even better in the sun!





Can you see it on my ring finger there?  <3 <3 <3  It's like Ruby Pumps, but dark and vampy!  *swoon*  (Sorry for the wonky middle finger... I've got a patch on the edge of that nail, which is causing that weird shape)  I will definitely be wearing this one often this fall / winter!  LA Girls have a decent bottle shape - I was pleasantly surprised at the weight of it - there is a chunk of solid glass at the bottom which makes it pretty heavy for a drug store polish.  The lid is longer than NYX, but not as long as OPI, so still easy for my small hands to use.  My only real complaint is that I do have a tiny chip on my left index finger already... it's been less than 24 hours.  However, I am pretty hard on my hands (I loaded about 20 boxes of coin today) and that's the only nail that doesn't look pristine, so I won't knock off too much.

LA Girl Rock Star retails for $4.00 (currently on sale at Cherry Culture for $2.80).
Number of coats: 2
Basecoat: Instant Artificials
Topcoat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dry + Seche Vite

No comments:

Post a Comment