Saturday, January 29, 2011

Barielle - Elle's Spell

I fell in love with this one from the moment I saw it swatched!  *swoon*  I sent my mom looking for it when she picked up my OPI Ulta Exclusives, but she didn't see it anywhere.  I went to another Ulta and didn't find it either... but eventually Barielle had a sale and I picked it up - SO glad I did!  It might be my fave polish... ever!


Elle's Spell is a rather sheer jelly red with Hidden Treasure-type flakies - it's a little too sheer for my liking, so I wore it over OPI's I'm Suzi and I'm a Chocoholic (one of my fave reds... we'll discuss it another day!).  The combo made for one of the best ones ever.  EVAR!


Yay beautiful flakies in red!  It looks like little bits of fire!

My favorite part?  The shift to green!


This was amazingly hard for me to capture - I can't believe this pic even came out, I didn't think I got one to show the green indoors!  It would flash every once in awhile and I would go week in the knees!


I took these outside in my car because the shade is where the green really pops out and I couldn't get it inside.


I have seen claims that Elle's Spell is the flakey La Boheme... which could be why I am so smitten.  La Boheme is my #1 lemming!  I can't tell you what I would do to get my hands on even a mini!  It's something about that red to green shift that I can't get over - OBSESSED!

If you can find Elle's Spell locally, GET IT NOW!  Even if it's just a backup for me!  ;)  I heard it was on clearance at Ulta, but since there isn't an Ulta near me and the closest one didn't have it, I can't confirm that.  I bought mine from Barielle directly.  They occasionally have % off sales and/or free shipping, but they always run a buy 2 get 1 free sale on their Shades line.  They retail for $8 each, so 3 for $16 isn't too bad.  I am seriously considering a backup or two of Elle's Spell and I only own one other backup - Orly's Galaxy Girl, which was my fave polish, before this!

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Barielle makes more like this one in the future!

Basecoat: Beauty Secrets Moisturizing Basecoat
Topcoat: Beauty Secrets Fast Finish
Number of coats: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment