Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Revlon Top Speed - Electric, Ocean, Royal

Today I have the last of my Top Speed series for you - there are more out there, but these are the 12 I own.  I keep talking myself out of Emerald, Black Star, Hazy and Lily... so I might be back later to add another post to this series!

First off is Electric, a yellow with subtle shimmer.


Yeah... the shimmer is REALLY subtle... like, it disappears on the nail.  I was disappointed that it came out looking like just another yellow cream.  The formula wasn't *too* terrible for a yellow, but it definitely wasn't the best of this collection.  I believe this was 3 coats.


Ocean is a teal metallic that borderlines on TOO metallic... lots of brush strokes here!  I wasn't overly thrilled with it, even though the color is really saturated-looking.  This stayed on less than 24 hours before I had to remove it - I just didn't dig it.  The finish is a lot like Grape's, but Grape doesn't show anywhere near this many brush strokes.  Ocean had a MUCH better formula though... very smooth.


Finally, the one you've seen countless times, Royal.  I really do love this one.  It's a beautiful, rich jelly with a perfect formula.  I read others had a bit of trouble with this one, but I thought it was one of the best.  It's so shiny and squishy!!

My faves of the collection are Sugar Plum, Chili, Jelly, and Royal - 3 jellies (well, Jelly is actually a cream that looks like a jelly) and a non-brush-strokey metallic.  All of them were very easy to work with and had great pigmentation.  I love the Revlon brush and the Top Speeds really do dry fast, even without topcoat.  The jellies are so shiny and squishy looking that you probably could go without!

Overall, I'm quite fond of the Top Speeds and I recommend picking up any colors that tickle your fancy!  :)

Basecoat: none
Topcoat: none
Number of coats: 2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment